Launched in 2017 the #MultiCultCo (Successful Multicultural Company competition) aims to recognise organisations that have:
- succeeded in multiculturalism
- embraced a diverse workforce
- recognised the benefits of multiculturalism and diversity,
- encouraged employers and companies to expand their multicultural management skills.
The participating companies were divided into three size-based categories:
- less than 50 employees
- 50 – 250 employees
- over 250 employees
The winners were awarded at a special gala held in Helsinki last October. In addition to the three winners, one company was awarded an honourable mention for its approach to multiculturalism and diversity in the workplace.
In the second of our series of interviews with the winning companies, Sam Govenius, CEO and Country Manager of JS Suomi, winner of the “50 – 250 employees” category, explains:
- what diversity means for JS Suomi
- how it enables them to be effective in their work
- what they learned from the organisational measurements
- and what the benefits of embracing multiculturalism are for them as a growing international company.
The Successful Multicultural Company was organised by Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce’s COME project, Finland Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, and Hofstede Insights.
More information: Chamber of Multicultural Enterprises (COME)