Launched in 2017 the #MultiCultCo (Successful Multicultural Company competition) aims to recognise organisations that have:
- succeeded in multiculturalism
- embraced a diverse workforce
- recognised the benefits of multiculturalism and diversity,
- encouraged employers and companies to expand their multicultural management skills.
The participating companies were divided into three size-based categories:
- less than 50 employees
- 50 – 250 employees
- over 250 employees
The winners were awarded at a special gala held in Helsinki last October. In addition to the three winners, one company was awarded an honourable mention for its approach to multiculturalism and diversity in the workplace.
In the third of our series of interviews with the winning companies, Sanna Kulmala, HR and Communications Director of WSP Finland, winner of the “more than 250 employees” category, explains:
- what a diverse workforce brings to WSP Finland
- why Finnish companies should recruit a diverse workforce
- how the organisational measurements help them to share their story with their employees
- the potential obstacles to diversity in Finland
The Successful Multicultural Company was organised by Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce’s COME project, Finland Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, and Hofstede Insights.
More information: Chamber of Multicultural Enterprises (COME)