ALEX Eunkyeong YU
PhD in Human and Organizational Systems
As a trained thinking partner, Alex works with clients to find the real levers behind phenomena, and then supports them to transfer their best competencies into different cultural contexts including national and organizational cultures.
WORKED AND LIVED IN
South Korea, China
Alex is an executive coach and organizational development consultant who focuses primarily on global leadership development, executive team development, culture change, intercultural management, emotional intelligence, and other subjects related to organizational effectiveness. She uses a wide range of modalities in her leadership development work, including her recent interest in neuroscience.
Consulting, coaching, and facilitating since 2004, she has worked with C-suite/senior-level executives across a wide range of sectors including consumer products, luxury, hospitality, financial services, pharmaceuticals, and IT. Most recently, she has been representing a Finnish consulting firm in Korea, and prior, was a Senior Consultant at a Shanghai-based consulting firm. She is a certified coaching supervisor and also faculty for Evidence-Based Coaching Program at a Shanghai-based coaching firm.
Alex is an ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and a Korean Facilitators Association Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF). She is certified to administer a number of different psychometric tools including Hogan Assessments, The Leadership Circle Profile 360, CCL’s 360 Assessments, Immunity to Change Map, and other intercultural competency related assessments. She is the lead author of Cultural Detective: East Asia, a web-based intercultural training tool that illustrates both the similarities and differences of the Chinese, Japanese, and Korean cultures. She presents regularly at business events and international conferences.
Alex holds both a PhD and an MA in Human and Organizational Systems from Fielding Graduate University and an MBA in International Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management with the honours of Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Sigma Iota. She also has MA and BA in English Literature from Ewha Woman’s University in Seoul. She has lived and worked in the US and China, and is now based in Seoul, Korea. Fluent in Korean and English, she once spoke decent Japanese.
Publications, Papers & Articles:
- Cocreating a New Shared Reality: Exploring Intersubjectivity in Executive Coaching Relationships. Fielding Graduate University
- Developing a Global Leadership Pipeline. presentation at 2014 Enfovia HR Executive Summit, Shanghai
- Adopting the Concept of Sensemaking in Intercultural Management – Focusing on Storytelling as a Tool. presentation at 2010 SIETAR Japan Annual Conference Cultural Navigator – Working with Koreans
- Lead author of Cultural Detective East Asia
Honours, Awards and Memberships
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Phi Sigma Iota
- PCC with International Coach Federation
- CPF with Korea Facilitators Association
- International Systemic Team Coaching Certificate by Peter Hawkins
- Coaching Supervision Certification
- Center for Creative Leadership 360 Instruments
- Workplace Big Five Profile
- The Leadership Circle Profile 360
- Organizational and Relational Systems at Work
- Immunity to Change
- Hogan Assessments
- Intercultural Readiness Check