As an entrepreneur, academic researcher, and international executive, I bring a unique experience in brands & IPs monetization, media & sports entertainment, content and global strategy specifically in the Middle East region.
WORKED AND LIVED IN
Syria, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia
United Arab Emirates
As an entrepreneur, academic researcher, and international executive, I bring more than 25 years of unique experience in international development, crafting and executing monetization strategies, managing media firms, cross-cultural management, licensing, franchising, and project management.
I worked for international and regional companies including World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), Sharjah Media City (SHAMS), Animation International, Spacetoon Media Group and many more to assist in formulating international monetization strategies and managing regional and global expansion of operations.
I was born in Damascus, Syria. My education includes a BS in Economics from Damascus University, graduate studies in International Business from McGill University, an Executive MBA from Université du Québec à Montréal in Canada, and a doctorate in Business Administration from Bradford University in the UK. I currently live in Dubai with my wife and two children.
I am also an academic researcher, my research interests include aesthetic leadership, visual representations, cross-cultural management, discourse analysis, social and cultural aspects of leadership in the Arab region.
I am the author of the 2020 academic book, Bedouin Visual Leadership in the Middle East: The Power of Aesthetics and Practical Implications, a study that focuses on leadership as a visual discourse and explores the construction of this discourse within the context of Bedouin Arabia, and the Middle East more broadly. It is part of the book series Palgrave Studies in Business, Arts and Humanities.
Bedouin Visual Leadership in the Middle East: The Power of Aesthetics and Practical Implications – https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030573966
Honours and Awards
- Certified Licensing Executive from the Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association (LIMA)
- Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certificate from Palladium Institute
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
- UAE Zone Chairperson of the Lions Clubs International
- Doctorate of Business Administration from University of Bradford – United Kingdom
- EMBA from Université Du Québec Á Montréal – Canada
- Graduate Diploma in International Business Management from McGill University – Canada
- Bachelor of Science in Economics from Damascus University – Syria
- Executive leadership studies from Columbia Business School – USA