Ph.D. Political Science
Through my research, writing, mentoring & workshops, I guide leaders and managers to develop intercultural awareness and Trust skills.
WORKED AND LIVED IN
Portugal, Angola, Cape Verde Islands
English, Portuguese, French
Through my research, writing, mentoring and workshops, I guide leaders and managers to discover the evolutionary origins of our behaviour and it’s consequences for leadership. As an Intercultural Management expert, I have over 25 years of experience in consulting and training for a wide range of private and public organisations in different countries and regions worldwide.
Throughout my career, I have worked and research extensively on Intercultural Leadership and Communication as well as Trust and Culture Differences. I have developed a model on how to create trust in leadership, teams and in organisations which lead to the creation of unique tools to measure Trust.
I am the author over 10 published books on the subject of:
- Intercultural Management
- Evolution & Behaviour
I hold a PhD. in Political Science from the ULHT (2013), Lisbon and an MSc in Sociology from the ISCTE-IUL (1989) Lisbon. I am an Invited Associate Prof. at ISG – Business & Economics School. My research focuses primarily on Evolutionary Psychology, Trust Factor, Bio-Leadership, Organisational Behaviour, Strategic HRM and Cultural Intelligence. I regularly publish articles and scientific papers in international journals and publications.
Conference speeches and keynotes:
- 2019 – Trust, Evolution and High-performance Teams – London
- 2018 – The Culture Factor- Milan
- Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O30xvytWzCs&t=4s
- Interview: https://media.rtp.pt/praca/videos/mundial-futebol-2018/
- Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHFmg5TCqI
- Interview: http://videos.sapo.pt/cCrpv3wCQJ0oslgFmAHz
Papers and Articles:
- Primatas e Políticos: uma perspetiva biopolítica da democracia – Respublica Political Science Review – N.o 14 May 2018 – ULHT Lisbon
- 2020 – Da Natureza das Causas Psicologia Evolucionista e Biopolitica. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- 2018 – Bioliderança: porque seguimos quem seguimos? Lisboa. Ed. Sílabo
- 2016 – Globalização, Diferenças Culturais e Gestão Internacional de RH. Lisboa: Ed. Silabo
- 2015 – Primatas Culturais – Evolução e Natureza Humana. Lisboa: Ed. Silabo
- 2014 – Valores Culturais e (Des) Confiança nas Instituições. Lisboa: Ed. Silabo
- 2013 – O Dilema da Confiança – Estudos, teorias e Interpretações. Lisboa: Ed. Silabo
- 2012 – Humanus: pessoas iguais, culturas diferentes. Lisboa: Ed. Silabo (2.a Ed. Revista e Atualizada)
- 2011 – Gestão Intercultural. Lisboa. Ed. Sílabo (3a Edição Revista, Atualizada e Expandida)
- 1999 – Gestão Internacional e Recursos Humanos. Lisboa. Ed. Silabo