Sumiko is an insightful, client-focused, and strategic specialist in cross-cultural business and organizational culture transformation. She helps organizations in creating a deeper understanding of the impact of culture to unlock greater human potential.
WORKED AND LIVED IN
Sumiko specializes in intercultural management and organizational culture & change. With her professional experience of bridging different cultures and liaising with stakeholders in international joint-venture organizations, she is capable of providing diverse perspectives and practical solutions to both global organizations and local communities to help them further grow.
She also applies cultural sensitivity to extended areas such as healthcare and technology development and has published her works through IEEE and the Journal of Intercultural Management and Ethics.
Sumiko received an MBA from the Odette School of Business at the University of Windsor (Canada). She holds certifications in coaching (Co-Active Training Institute) and in community change (Tamarack Institute).
In addition to the World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence, she has actively engaged in global initiatives with various international institutions, including the IEEE and the SIETAR. She is fluent in English and Japanese.
- “Risks of Bias in AI-Based Technology from Diversity Perspectives” 2020 International Symposium of Society and Technology (ISTAS)
- “Impact of National Culture for Change Management” 2020 National Conference of SIETAR USA
- “Designing Culture-Sensitive Social Robots” Industry Forum, 2019 IEEE International Conference of Robotics and Automation (ICRA)
Papers and Articles:
- “Developing Culture-Sensitive Social Assistive Robots for Elderly Living with Dementia” on Journal of Intercultural Management and Ethics
- “Risks of Bias in AI-Based Technology from Diversity Perspectives” on IEEExplore
Honours and Awards
- Member of SIETAR USA,
- Working Group Member of World Council on Intercultural and Global Competence,
- Working Group Member of IEEE Global Initiative
- Certification in Coaching (by Co-Active Training Institute)
- Community Change (by Tamarack)
- World Culture Map and Global Business Rules (by Institute of Global Education)
“I appreciate your resourceful and dedicated lecture!”
“Your research and input are very resourceful and helpful to my career and personal development.”
“This is an interesting study that I can really see how national culture would play a role in designing social-assistance robots.”