Using a multi-method approach including case studies and lively intercultural discussions, this programme will introduce you to Hofstede’s 6-D model, a scientifically based tool that will optimise daily working practices in an intercultural context.
- Provides insight and increases your knowledge of the importance of your own culture in determining behaviour
- Emphasises the significance of other cultures’ behaviours, assumptions, reactions, and expectations
- Sensitises you to identify and deal with cultural challenges in your day-to-day work
By completing the Intercultural Competence training programme, you will be able to:
- Anticipate and react appropriately to culturally sensitive situations
- Understand the reasons behind conflicts in which culture is involved
- Better recognise, understand, and effectively deal with your own experiences in an international context, with the help of the 6-D model
- Be mindful of your own culture and the effects it has on your daily work practices and understanding.
- Increased understanding of the impact of culture on business life
- Improved effectiveness in dealing with people from different cultures
- Increased performance resulting from greater understanding of the impact on culture
- The ability to turn cultural diversity from challenge to advantage
Who Should Attend:
This course is aimed at managers and employees who want to work more effectively in a global environment and includes the following topics:
- What is culture and the impact of cultural values on behaviour in business
- Hofstede’s 6-D model on national culture – a research-based methodology
- Application of the 6-D model in real-life contexts
- Real-life case studies, simulation games and discussions
The interactive and practical nature of the workshop allows the participants to immediately apply their skills to increase their effectiveness and competence when working internationally.
We offer this course both as an in-house course in your organisation and as one-day open courses for individual participants.
Our training programmes are tailor-made to fit your organisation’s specific needs. We focus on countries of your choice and use cases and exercises relevant to the challenges you are facing, with the possibility of also discussing specific examples from your organisation. For further information, get in touch using the contact form below.
The open courses are suitable for your individual training needs as well as those of your employees. The courses are offered at various locations throughout the year. To find out when the next course nearest to you is occurring and how to register, go to our events page.