What the OCS Pro does
Accurately measures your organisational culture on Hofstede’s dimensions of Organisational Culture, including the sub-dimensions Leadership Acceptance and Identification with the Organisation.
Let’s you define your optimal culture, aligned with your strategy
Shows gaps between actual and optimal culture including precise information on the cause(s) of the gaps
Points out valuable additional information – strength vs. weakness, common characteristics, early warning signals and additional salient findings
Gives input for change
When to use the model
When you feel something could be done better inside the organisation
If you have a concrete issue, for example: you need to improve efficiency, there are issues regarding trust and cooperation, you want to become more customer oriented, need to increase stay and/or work motivation, reduce risk of burnout
For Mergers & Acquisitions to facilitate the integration of two cultures
Before any organisational change process as input to make change happen successfully
- Ensure a smooth change process
- Avoid costly mistakes
- Know who you are before you start changing
- See what you lack for being what you want to be
- Talk to a certified consultant
- Define subcultures to scan
- Inform employees about the project
- Fill in online scan and/or have in-depth interviews conducted
- Define optimal culture
- Analyse gap report
- Decide about change/not to change
- Use your own change tools or Hofstede Insight’s tools: levers of change, executive match
- Check effectiveness of implemented change
Project duration: 4-6 weeks for measurement and analysis;
internal change process can take about 2 years and depends on individual cases.
More than 150 organisations are using The Hofstede Multi-Focus Model every year, most of our cases are confidential. However, upon request we’re happy to put you in touch with a reference in a similar industry or situation as you are.
Changing a culture is probably one of the most challenging and difficult tasks a manager has.