This website, www.hofstede-insights.com, uses copyrighted information from Professor Geert Hofstede’s books, for which Hofstede Insights has been licensed by Professor Hofstede. Hofstede Insights cannot give permission to third persons to use this information in publications, for which our website cannot be used as a reference.
References should be made to one or both of the original sources:
- Geert Hofstede, Culture’s Consequences: Comparing Values, Behaviors, Institutions, and Organizations Across Nations. Second Edition, Thousand Oaks CA: Sage Publications, 2001
- Geert Hofstede, Gert Jan Hofstede and Michael Minkov, Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind. Revised and Expanded 3rd Edition. McGraw-Hill 2010.
These books are available in any good academic bookstore and library.
This section concerns data collected on our website. The use of our website is possible without the need to provide personal data. When you are asked to provide personal data (e.g., name, address or e-mail address), this is, as far as possible, optional for you.
- We do not collect more information than is necessary
- We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified
- We do not keep your data if it is no longer needed
- Your information will never be sold to or shared with other companies or organizations for commercial purposes
- We may transfer personal information to our Group Companies and sub-contractors that help us provide our Service(s). Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our sub-contractors (see below sections for more information)
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to provide the service you requested
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest or promotion
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To Send you requested product or service information
- when you register
- make a purchase
- sign up for our newsletter
- respond to a survey or marketing communication
- use our site
Data collected when you sign up to a paid event (conference, webinar) or a course. The information you choose to enter in the fields is used to provide our service to you and process your order. If you select “I agree to receive other communications from Hofstede Insights” please read below.
Data collected when you subscribe to a newsletter, to attend a free event, to receive a document (white paper, case study, country profile, guide) or check “I agree to receive other communications from Hofstede Insights” in a contact form. The information you choose to enter in the fields is used to provide you with relevant information about product and services. This might include various forms of marketing emails.
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order or enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services such as HubSpot that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, you can also turn off all cookies, to do this go to your browser settings and search the security features.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
You can visit our site anonymously but if you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
We do not transfer your PII unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We utilise Hubspot to manage our contact database, marketing database and support, our website runs on WordPress, we use Woocommerce and fooEvents to supports our online store and google analytics to analyse traffic.